by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Patient




















December 19
Patient

Oh, dear child!
You have taught me all I need to know about patience!
There were days I wondered,
   and worried,
      and waited,
And times when I ached for you,
   nursing a knot in the pit of my stomach,
      mystified as to why you would choose a harder way.
I was rooting for you all along -
The silent cheerleader you couldn't hear.

I cry a prayer of help,
Laying it out for God, and letting go
Learning to live with this somehow,
Knowing full well, with confidence
That God was with you, holding you
Wherever your path might lead.

And thus my patience was born.

When have I experienced God's patience with me? When has God been my cheerleader?

No comments:

Post a Comment