by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Overflowing

"....My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life." Psalm 23:5-6





God is a God of abundance,
   not scarcity.

Here is our sin:
We live as though
  Our resources are limited ~
Hoarding,
Consuming,
Stockpiling,
Accumulating.

We live with the consequences:
Poverty.
Fear of the other.
Inequity.
War.
Unhappiness.
Hunger of all kinds.
Emptiness.

Abundance is:
God's gift!
Joyful gift, joyful giving!
Wholeness abounds
Turning a few loaves and fishes
Into enough for all,
Teaching that in sharing,
Giving away,
There is
Plenty.
Abundance!

Peculiar contradictions -
The more hoarding,
The less abundant our life;
the more we give,
the more our cup overflows.

God is a God of abundance,
  Not scarcity.

Believe it!
Live it!

1 comment:

  1. Karen, this filled up my soul, and my heart just now. Thank you so much. I'd love to repost, if you permitted. And if I knew how.

    And the photo is stunning. Amazing. Phew. And the words, and the photo, and the reality, the grace. Thank you for daring to name our reality in the face of: well, what it is that is not grace. Especially important to me today. So, again, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete