by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sorrow

Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes waste away from grief, my soul and body also. For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my misery, and my bones waste away. Psalm 31:9-10

Who hasn't felt like this at one time or another? A sorrow so deep that it weighs so heavily on the heart?  One of the things I like about the book of Psalms is how these prayers, these songs - though written long, long ago - are just as relevant today. For me, the Psalms are a powerful way to connect with my ancestors in the faith.

I took these pictures this past week when it seemed to rain every day. To me, they visually express some of the grief that cries out in this psalm. (Click on the photo for a larger view).

My life is spent with sorrow...
...and my years with sighing...
....my bones waste away...

No comments:

Post a Comment