by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sing in us











I know the feeling
Of reaching deep in my gut
For air so I can sing a phrase
Without gasping for breath.

I know the feeling of
Standing beside those
With voices that differ from mine,
But in singing, they become united and whole.

I know the feeling
Of goosebumps
When a choir raises its one voice
To reach a perfect moment, a climax in some magnificent work.

Sing in us
And we will feel you in our breath,
In our unity with those who are different from us
In those perfect holy notes of life.



[There are plenty of "s" words to use for prayer: Save us, sculpt us, seek us, sensitize us, speak to us, sprout in us, shine in us, shimmer in us, sigh in us, stir us, surprise us, suture us, strengthen us, stretch us, summon us...and so many more!]

No comments:

Post a Comment