by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Thursday, March 28, 2013

X, Christ for us

Maundy Thursday, Good Friday

What words have I to say
When on this evening we remember
How you served us -
     washing our feet,
How you fed us,
     giving us bread and wine that meant something more?
And the only job you gave us was
To love. Love one another.

What words have I to say
When on this afternoon we remember
How you, the Christ
(with an "x" - a cross - even for your name),
Serve and feed us still on that wood.
And, what of your command to love?

My God, what have we done?

Today from the cross on which we put you
(hunger, war, hate, injustice, waste, greed)
I hear your cries directed at us,
"Why have you forsaken me?"

Kyrie eleison. Christe eleison. Kyrie eleison.

No comments:

Post a Comment