by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Free


















December 17
Free

When I think of the word "free" I have two remembrances
Of you at age four and a half:
One of you at the beach with your arms spread wide,
As though you want to fly into the sea, embracing it -
(This is always how you approached the expansive sea).

The other is of you splashing in a huge puddle
In the midst of a deluge,
Joyfully jumping, skipping,
One foot, then two,
No cares about the rain or being wet.
Just living in the moment,
Free. (Such delight!)

When I remember these images,
It is as though I feel the liberation you are experiencing
And my heart soars.

Jesus, Immanuel
Frees us, too, if only we would open our eyes to see it,
Takes away our sorrows,
Burdens,
Fears,
To set us free
Soaring in the wild abandon of
God's amazing grace. 

What do I need to let go of in order to fully experience the freedom Jesus has already given to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment