by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Time

December 4
Time

She hoops.
Her body moves rhythmically in a circle
To keep the hoop from
Falling around her ankles.

She hears
Words from Harry Chapin ring in her ears,
"All my life's a circle - sunrise and sundown,"
And she smiles.

This hoop is like time
Going round and round
    From spring to summer to fall to winter to spring again
       From Advent to Christmas to Epiphany
       Lent to Easter to Pentecost to Advent again
             From birth to childhood to adulthood to birth again

God, the Hooper,
Stands at the center of time
Holding everyone in the cyclical and rhythmic dance
Of life's many seasons.

What does it mean for me to be at this particular time in my life? How will I use the time I have left to do what matters to God?


No comments:

Post a Comment