by Karen S. Matthias-Long

by Karen S. Matthias-Long

Monday, February 18, 2013

Connecting Us

I want to try to understand why you gossiped behind his back without bothering to talk with him first to see if the story you were telling was true or not.

I want to ask you why you posted and "liked" the story of the young girl who shot and killed "illegal alien home invaders" which the author called, "good news."

I want to know why you use my name to preach hate and start wars.

I want to figure out why you focus on your own self-interests instead of being concerned for the needs of those around you.

I want to know why you - church - behave as an exclusive club, that doesn't want to connect in new ways with others in order to do ministry that really matters to the broken people in your community.

I want to grasp why you think your nation is superior to all others, your school is superior to other schools, your religion is the only way to believe, your work is more important than the labor of someone else.


Our brokenness is this:

We want to demonize others.
We want to judge others.
We want to be superior to others.
We want what's best only for ourselves.

We are disconnected from you and each other.

Connect us like branches to a Tree.
Make us whole.

[Other words for laps, starting with the letter "c" include Come to us, Create in us, Care for us, Calling us, Comfort us.  What are you "C" word prayers?]














1 comment:

  1. WOW! Gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes. Powerful. I hope others hear the truth in the words. May I be connected and made whole, may we all be.

    ReplyDelete